Skip to main content

Preparing Your Primary Participant for the NBBC: Choosing Greek/Hebrew Terms and Cross References

 


So, your 7-10 just qualified for the National Bible Bee Competition for the first time.  Congratulations!  But now what do you do?  This guide for parents will walk you through how to prepare your Primary participant for the competition.  From selecting cross references to organizing the memory passages, I hope that these audio recordings will be a helpful resource on your Bible Bee journey.

While listening, please keep in mind that these are my personal views and thoughts about the competition.  They do not reflect what will be on the Multiple Choice Test or the Oral Preliminary Rounds.  As always, I am just a parent who enjoys making study materials that I can share and I also like talking all things Bible Bee prep.


How to Find Themes and Keywords in the NBBC Scripture Passage

I talk about strategies to identify themes and keywords in the NBBC Scripture Passage.  Listen here.

How to Choose Original Language Terms, Part I

I discuss how to use themes and keywords from the NBBC Scripture Passage to choose Greek/Hebrew terms for your Primary participant.  Listen here.

How to Choose Original Language Terms, Part II

I talk about resources to use when selecting Greek/Hebrew words.  I also address the question, "How many Greek/Hebrew words should my Primary child learn?"  Listen here.

How to Choose Cross References, Part I

I talk about what cross references are and give four types of cross references to look for in the NBBC Scripture Passage.  Listen here.

How to Choose Cross References, Part II

I discuss resources to use when selecting cross references and how to prioritize which types of cross references to teach your Primary child.  I also answer the question, "How many cross references should my Primary child learn?".  Listen here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Have a New Blog Home!

  We are moving our blog content over to a new address. For unofficial Bible Bee study resources, tips, and ideas please visit us at studyforbiblebee.blogspot.com

Paul's Letters to the Churches: Overview and Background Study

  Reading: Paul's Letters to Galatia and Thessalonica Quiz: Paul's Letters, Quiz 1 Reading: Paul's Letters to Corinth and Rome Quiz: Paul's Letters, Quiz 2 Reading: Paul's Letters to Ephesus, Colossae, and Philippi Quiz: Paul's Letters, Quiz 3 Reading: Paul's Letters to Timothy and Titus Quiz: Paul's Letters, Quiz 4

Paul's Journeys: Historical & Geographical Background Study

  Reading: Paul’s Journey to Cyprus, Pamphylia & Galatia  (Acts 13-15) Quiz: Paul’s Journeys, Quiz 1 Reading: Paul’s Journey to Phrygia, Macedonia, & Achaia  (Acts 15-18) Quiz: Paul’s Journeys, Quiz 2 Reading: Paul’s Journey to Ephesus, Philippi & Corinth  (Acts 18-21) Quiz: Paul’s Journeys, Quiz 3 Reading: Paul’s Journey to Rome  (Acts 21-28) Quiz: Paul’s Journeys, Quiz 4